We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. On this page, you will find information about Privacy and Cookies explaining what we will do with your personal information. Also, you will find here specific information concerning the website visitors and users from the EU, as required by the GDPR.
b. EU Specific Provisions. Certain provisions of the Policy apply only to residents of the European Union (the “EU”) and are clearly labeled as such. Otherwise, the Policy applies to all users of our Site, regardless of location.
c. Changes. We may change this Policy at any time. When we do so, we will post the updated Policy on this page and, if the changes are material, will inform existing users through the Service. Any changes to the Policy will be effective immediately for new users and thirty (30) days after we post notice of such changes on the Site or inform existing users of the changes.
d. Children. The Site is not directed to children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child (based on the jurisdiction where the child lives, which in the United States means someone under the age of 13) has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, he or she should contact us at . We will remove such information from our systems as soon as reasonably practicable.
e. What is Personal Data? As used in this Policy, “Personal Data” has the meaning provided in the EU General Data Protection Regulation of 2018 (the “GDPR”), and includes any information which, either alone or combined with other information we hold, identifies an individual, such as name, mailing address, email address, IP address, and telephone number. By contrast, “Anonymous Data” means any data that, alone or combined with other information available to us or a third party, does not permit the identification of an individual. We collect both Personal Data and Anonymous Data as set forth below.
f. Why Do We Need Your Personal Data? We need certain Personal Data to provide you with certain services. You will be asked to provide this information — and must agree to this Policy and the Terms — in order to use the Site. This consent, which you may withdraw at any time, provides us with the legal basis we need to process your Personal Data. If you do not agree to this Policy, you may not use our Services.
2. IMPORTANT INFORMATION for EU USERS
a. For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller of your Personal Data is Editor of TravelPlusStyle.com. Please contact us of matters of data protection at:
3. How does TravelPlusStyle.com obtain data?
We collect information in the following ways:
a. Information You Provide.
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the Services on our website;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to us, including feedback. If you write to us via email, we will collect your e‑mail address as well as the content of your email in order to respond to you.
- Other Data. We may collect other types of information in the manner disclosed by us at the time such information is collected.
- We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first-party cookies, which we serve directly to your device, and are only used by us, and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers and advertisers on our Site, and may be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
- Analytics Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and Usage Data. The information gathered does not identify any individual and does not include any Personal Data. The information is aggregated and anonymous. We use this information to monitor the level and nature of activity on the Services and to improve them. We use Google Analytics for this purpose.
- Publisher Cookies. If we choose to place advertisements on third party sites, we may include a cookie on a particular page of the Site that tracks what advertisement a user clicked on to come to the Site. The cookie is used to generate a unique identifier for the user so that we can properly track the performance of advertisements but does not include any Personal Data.
- Advertiser and Partner cookies. We allow the placement of advertisements on our Site, and we link to third party sites (typically via the Book button) using affiliate links. These links may include a tracking number or a cookie that enables the advertiser or Partner to track what you clicked on to come to the third party Site or Service. The cookie is used to generate a unique identifier for the user so that the performance of the affiliate link can be tracked. This does not include any Personal Data.
- You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work. Enabling cookies is not necessary for the TravelPlusStyle.com website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended. Please visit AllAboutCookies.org to find out more.
4. How does TravelPlusStyle.com use your Personal Data?
a. TravelPlusStyle.com uses Personal Data to promote the Site or send you other marketing information, including from TravelPlusStyle.com or our advertising partners.
- administering our website and business;
- personalizing our website for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- sending you goods purchased through our website;
- supplying services purchased through our website;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website
b. EU users must actively choose to receive marketing communications. Other than adverts on our website, the only marketing channel we use is the Newsletter, and by subscribing to the newsletter you choose to accept marketing communications. See also Section 6 on How you can control your data.
c. Automated Decision Making and Profiling. We do not use your Personal Data for automated decision-making. However, we may do so in the future to comply with applicable law, in which case we will inform you of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object.
5. How does TravelPlusStyle.com share personal data?
a. TravelPlusStyle.com never sells and never will sell our users’ Personal Data. TravelPlusStyle.com will never use your Personal Data except as stated in this Policy.
b. However, we may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
6. International data transfers
a. Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Policy.
7. How can you control your data?
a. With your consent, we will periodically send you emails promoting the use of TravelPlusStyle.com. We may also send marketing information and promote third parties and advertisers. You can opt-out of these emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email. You may also request removal by writing to
8. Your rights regarding personal data (EU USERS ONLY)
a. You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data that we process:
- You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data, in whole or in part (i.e., for marketing purposes). Certain Services may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- You may access the Personal Data we hold about you at any time via your Account or by contacting us directly.
- You may modify the Personal Data we hold about you at any time via your Account or by contacting us directly.
- In certain situations, for example, when the Personal Data we hold about you is no longer relevant or accurate, you can request that we erase your Personal Data (Erase and Forget)
- You may request a copy of your Personal Data and may always move it to other entities as you desire.
b. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at . In your request, please make clear: (i) what Personal Data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the email address you send your request from, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and will commit to doing so within thirty (30) days of your request. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
9. Security of your personal information
a. We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
b.We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
c. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
d. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
e. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
10. Third-party websites
a. Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
b. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION and COMPLAINTS
a. If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about this Policy or our data collection or processing practices, or if you want to report any security violations, please contact us at
b. EU Users Only. We will always strive to resolve any complaint brought to our attention in a timely manner, however, if you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, you may always contact your local data protection supervisory authority, a list of which is available here: edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
12. Policy Credits
a. This Policy has been based on the best industry standards and practices, including templates or wording from:
- SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com),
- Website Planet (www.websiteplanet.com)
- The Security and Privacy specialist Dashlane.com.